Sunday, March 22, 2020

I nearly died

I experienced a deadly choking last week, or 8 March 2020 to be precisely. That experience was really dreadful that I was nearly suffocated to death.  


What happened was when I was engaged in a phone conversation with my sister living in Sydney.  In order to stop the annoying dry coughing that had bothered me for the past 3 or more years. I held some water in my mouth for the purpose of suppressing the coughing.   


Suddenly I had an urge of swallowing some of the water being held in my mouth. I followed the urge to proceed accordingly.  Feeling some of the water running down the esophagus l also felt at the same time some water droplets splashed Into the trachea.  When this happened, A series of reactions arose.  


The nerve system detected the foreign particles intrusion and Immediately tried to fight back to get rid of them.  Could this happen? As I could not let this happen because there were still some amount of waters being held in the month.  I would not open my mouth to let go the pressure being pushed from my lungs. 


At this moment, I felt the trachea tried really hard to shut itself off the incoming water while at the same time my physical body was in dire need of breathing in some air. 


I began to feel that I might die this time. I had actually stopped breathing for about 5 seconds. Suddenly there was a little gap went loose  between these 2 opposite forces which was the rescue of me.  


When I got the chance of breathing the air in, I knew that my life had been secured.  And although the aftermath was seen a very long period of coughing, My consciousness had sensed a very pleasant relief.

No comments: